(the "Site"). Murphy & Associates provides consulting services, including without limitation, resume and timesheet creation and submittal and other services through the site (the "Services"). This Policy is designed to tell you how we collect and use personal information (as defined below) so you can make an informed decision about using our Site and our Services. Please read this statement before using our Site or submitting any personal information to us.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a user's name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card or other account number) or that is associated with an identifiable person (such as demographic information or information about a person's activities when such information is linked to personally identifying information). Personal information does not include "aggregate" information, which is data we collect about the use of the Sites or categories of Site users, from which any personal information has been removed. For example, information that forty-seven percent of the Site's registered users identify themselves as male, but without identifying any specific individuals as male, is aggregate information. We collect aggregate data for a number of purposes, including to help us understand trends and user needs so that we can better consider new publications, products and services, and tailor existing publications, products and services to user desires. This policy in no way limits or restricts our collection of aggregate information.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Personal information may be collected in a number of ways when you visit our Site or use the various services and activities available on our Site. At several places on our Site, we may collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us which may contain personal information. For example, when you register on the Site or if you send us an email, we may collect personal information such as your name, address, phone and email and other contact information, as well as demographic and other personal information. Personal information is also collected through the Site if you submit such information in connection with posting a resume, creating a cover letter, submitting a timesheet or participating in discussions or other interactive features of the site. In addition, from time to time we may collect demographic, contact or other personal information you provide in connection with your participation in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, games, promotional offers, and other activities on the Site.
When you visit our Site, some information is also automatically collected through the use of log files, such as your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, your computer's operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site and your activity on the Site. We use this information for purposes such as analyzing trends, administering the Sites, improving customer service, diagnosing problems with our servers, tracking user movement, and gathering broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of "cookies." Cookies are small data files that are stored on a user's hard drive at the request of a Web site to enable the site to recognize users who have previously visited them and retain certain information such as customer preferences and history. If we combine cookies with or link them to any of the personally identifying information, we would treat this information as personal information. We may also use third parties to serve ads on the Site or to collect, track and analyze non-personally identifiable usage and volume statistical information from users, such as the user's browser type, operating system, browsing behavior and demographic information. These third parties may place cookies, web beacons or other devices on your computer to collect non-personal information, and information provided by these devices may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage and visitation of our Sites and the other sites tracked by these third parties. We are not responsible for and do not control any actions or policies of any third party advertising technology service providers or of any third party members of any related advertising networks. If you wish to block, erase, or be warned of cookies, please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn about these functions. However, if a browser is set not to accept cookies or if a user rejects a cookie, you may not be able to access certain Site features or Services.
- HOW DO WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- In general, we use personal information we collect to facilitate your use of the Site, to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information and services you request, and for the purposes for which the information was provided. We may also use personal information to inform you about other publications, information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest, to administer and assist us with the operation of the Site and of our business. For example, we may use the information we collect:
We may also receive information from third parties with whom we have business relationships, and may combine this information with the other personal information we have about you. In such cases, this Policy governs our use and disclosure of such information.
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site, such as for administrative purposes or to provide you with customer service;
- to submit your resume and cover letter to our clients that have selected you as a potential consultant, provide you with the services or information you requested and to complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, comments (including any comments you provide in response to any blogs on the Site), requests or complaints;
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Site and our publications, products and services;
- to contact you about services, products, training, activities or special events or offers that we think will be of interest to you, and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to notify contest winners; and
- for the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- We do not sell, share, or rent any personal information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this Policy without first obtaining your consent, although we may provide aggregate information or other non personal information to third parties without your authorization. In the event that we engage third party vendors, consultants or other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the Site and our business ("Service Providers"), we may share personal information with such Service Providers who need access to such information to carry out their work for us. In such event, we will inform our Service Providers that any such information we provide may only be used to carry out their work for us. We are not responsible for any information you provide to these parties directly, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to such third parties with which you come into contact.
You should also be aware that personal information that you post on public areas of the Site, such as in any comments, discussion groups or any other interactive areas, is available to other users of the Site. However, please note that we do not publicly post on the Site any resumes or timesheet information that you create or submit via the Site.
If you request that we submit an application, resume, cover letter and/or other documents or information on your behalf, any personal information contained therein or required to be provided in connection with such submission will be shared in connection with fulfilling such request.
- WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE?
- Murphy & Associates endeavors to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure by putting into place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect through this Site. For example, your account information is accessible online only through the use of a password. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe your password has been misused. You should also note that email is not secure, and you should not send any confidential or sensitive information to us via an unsecured email.
- WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION?
- In order to opt-out of our use of your personal information as described in this Policy, you must terminate your account by email us at email@example.com or writing to us at the address below.
- HOW CAN YOU CORRECT AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
- If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or the practices relating to this Site, or you wish to verify, correct or delete any personal information we have collected, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will endeavor to respond to your inquiry or to correct, update or remove the personal information you have provided us as you indicate to the extent possible. You can correct certain information by logging into your account and changing the information, and you may also delete certain information by closing your account. However, please note that in certain circumstances, we may not be able to remove or change certain information, even in the event an account is closed. For example, we may be required to retain certain information for a certain period of time, and it may be necessary to retain certain information in order to complete any services or transactions with us. In lieu of email, you may also contact us by mail at the following address:
Murphy & Associates, Inc.
Attn: Erik Murphy
3445 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033